Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Wanna get wet?" - I'll pass thanks.

Sunday immediately after church they had a baptism for some of our church family. It wasn't strictly those people, some people decided last minute that they wanted baptised to. "Are you gonna get baptised?" asked my friend David.- I have never been baptised. I don't think I'm "unholy" because I've never been baptised, and I'm not saying I'm not a christian either. "No, not today anyways." I replied. I recalled this question later on to Josh as we(Seth, Tim, Josh and I) drove down the road. "I've never really been baptised." I confessed to them. "You haven't?" asked Josh. "No." "Why not?" "Because, I want to make sure that I want to do it. Not saying I don't want to do it. I just don't want to do it just to get it out of the way. I want to do it to get closer to God. Right now I feel like I would feel pressed to do it just to get it out of the way. But thats not what I want." I stated simply. If that wasn't clear enough to you. I don't want to get baptised because I won't go to heaven if I don't(I'm pretty sure the theif on the cross was never baptised and God is no respecter of persons so why would he make an acception for one and not another?) and I don't want to do it because Mom thinks I should or because everyone else thinks that I need to be baptised. I want to do it because I want to do it for God. And it's not like I don't want to do it for him right now either, but right now I think that the only reason I would be doing it is because someone else wants me to. Maybe in the future I will do it for God, and for me. But not for anyone else.

3 comments:

  1. Good thought :) You definitely shouldn't let anyone pressure into a baptism. I didn't get baptized til a while about I was saved. (At least a couple of years.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I didn't know you read my blog. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. SURPRISE!!! :D Lol, yes I read your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete