Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My "Secondary Automatic Gag Reflex"

Is my bellybutton... It might seem weird but anytime someone pokes it my first thought is the feeling that my stomach has just whirled upside down and the lurch that says, "Time to lose your lunch" clenches at my tummy. Queasiness is an automatic reaction anytime someone pokes it. I can't stand for it to be poked, or for anyone to poke their bellybutton, or to talk or describe bellybuttons, or for people to even show me their bellybutton. It's just not a nice subject for me.

Needless to say as you are probably already laughing pretty hard about what was previously stated, but people seem to find it hilarious! How is that funny? It's like sticking your finger in someone's ear, or mouth, or nose! It's just gross! I guess I can kind of see why it's funny but still. Today Leah(one of the awesome Libbeys I posted about earlier :) held me down while my other friend Rachael(who is also very awesome) poked my bellybutton more than once might I add.(They are both still awesome to me) I was sad afterwards, 'Why do they do that?' I thought sniffling inwardly. I was upset, but not to the point of tears, only in a mopey way.

Rachael has two little brothers that remind me very much of my own, annoying but adorable, who also know of my issues with my bellybutton. Today we went to a self defense class with them to observe them learn. They told these issues to their instructor, later on he came over and mentioned it to me. "Actually, most people miscalculate where my bellybutton is located." I stated quite simply, "Oh really?" He said inquisitively "Yep, it's because her torso is longer than most peoples." Said Michele. 'Great, he won't miscalculate now!' I thought. Later on he poked my bellybutton and scared me half to death. 'This big married man that knows martial arts just poked my bellybutton! What do I do?!' it was scary. He was a funny guy but, my bellybutton?! Really? Oh well. I don't understand people. :/

2 comments:

  1. ...But do you ever rub your eyes around your dad to freak him out?


    It's very creepy that a stranger poked you in the belly. I would have found that offensive even had he not been married. I think if your friends realized how upset this makes you they would stop poking you.

    I actually have 2 unposted rants expressing my anger about the unwanted touching of bellys, as well as this one that I already posted. Perhaps I shall post them as an act of solidarity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope I've never rubbed my eyes around my dad to freak him out. I don't like seeing people touch their eyeballs either, I think it's freaky. Lol.

    ReplyDelete