Monday, September 27, 2010

Big Sensitive Guy

Okay, okay, he's not really that sensitive. I can understand why he would be upset. I was such a jerk to him and I don't know why, I was just joking but I guess I touched on something that was a little more than a joke to him. The last thing he said to me that night was "I'm sorry I'll be around tomorrow to make your life miserable." that put a somewhat sinking feeling in my stomach. 'You don't make my life miserable!' I wanted to yell so loudly, 'You make it anything but...' of course, I'm not a very gutsy person as well as the fact that he was already in his car and gone.

The next morning he actually was acting all happy and he was being a lot of fun to be around. We hung out a lot of the day. Since he was acting so nice I didn't think to say anything about the night before to him. Then during the service we were running camera and I noticed how bad my thumb looked(A completely different story) "Hey *person*," I said "yeah?" he asked "remember how I told you last night about when I hurt my thumb?" "No I don't think so." he replied. "Oh you don't?" I said once more, I know I had told him about it. "Oh yeah," he said "that was right before you started telling me that I'm a gloomy person and need to cheer up or people weren't going to want to be around me." he stated quite simply "I remember now." I cried.... I didn't mean to upset him and the fact that he was bringing it up again must mean that I really did hurt his feelings. 'But I never said people won't want to be around him I was talking about myself' (It's a very long and detailed story that I don't feel like typing out right now).

So whenever we got off camera's the moment service was over I asked him about it. "Hey *person*, did I offend or upset you last night?" I asked him. "A little..." He replied. "Well I really am sorry... I didn't mean to I was just joking, and you're my friend and I do care about how you feel, especially if the way you feel is a result of my actions or behavior... So... I'm really, really sorry..." I said, feeling much better after having done so. "It's okay, it's not like I was mad, I was just... I don't know." He said and smiled at me.

So that's over and done with, and my feeling bad for offending him wasn't why I posted this blog. How many times have I offended someone and they just haven't told me? Well there is a very easy way of telling whether or not I'm serious about the things I say, if I'm serious then I won't say it, if I'm joking I will. It might seem strange but I have this thing about upsetting people, I don't like to and I would never do it on purpose. So if I feel the things that I'm saying are true and might upset the person, especially if I'm speaking seriously to this person, than I will keep my mouth shut. However if I feel the things I'm saying are totally untrue and won't upset them than I say it as a joke(like someone calling me fat, having a waist-size of a tooth-pick I obviously won't be offended). So if you ever catch me saying something that offends you, you should actually be pleased cause I mean the total opposite. :D Does that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment