Saturday, January 30, 2010

The picture- To take or not to take?

It wasn't five minutes ago and yet I have already forgotten how this insignificant conversation occurred. Have you ever seen pictures where the guy/girl who took it obviously took the picture him/herself? Well, my dad has, and sadly it would seem the only ones he has seen is taken by me or my sis. I wouldn't deny that I do take pictures of myself, it's not because I'm vain or think I'm pretty and worth the picture and or time to take the picture, it's just because I get bored and sometimes I just feel like taking a picture of myself. Now-a-days, it isn't hard to find someone who takes a picture of him/herself in fact it's quite common so that they have pictures for, Myspace, Facebook, Blogger, ect. ect. and it's not just girls.
Mom and dad were sitting in the living-room next to the kitchen(where I just so happened to be) when I heard dad say "...taking pictures of themselves all day long. I guess it's a girl thing."
That's when I walked in. "What? It's not a girl thing, there are plenty of guys that take pictures of themselves as well." I pointed out.
"Yes, but they don't take thirty pictures a day of themselves either." Dad retorted.
"Neither do I." I said defensively. Dad returned my words with a blank stare.
"I don't," I said once more finding the need to defend myself further, "as a matter of fact, I haven't taken not one picture of myself all day long."
"Whatever." was the only reply I received.

So, something tells me my dad remains unconvinced, but it's not a girl thing, and it's not a guy thing, it is simply a thing and that is that.

2 comments:

  1. Lately I keep telling myself that I need to start taking pictures of myself, so I can have something besides 'that thing' on Fb. I have nothing in my cell since 6 Flags. (Except those ones with a facemask on...)

    I know guys who take pictures of themself. Tell Chris to look through some boys phones to see for himself.

    It is more a girl thing though.

    PS: You are pretty and totally worth the picture and time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Sharri, I just didn't feel like signing in lol.

    AW! You're so nice ^_^! It is more of a girl thing, haha.

    ReplyDelete