Saturday, January 2, 2010

And then comes facebook...

It started out innocent, reading blogs, making an occasional comment, you know small stuff like that. He talked to certain people about certain blogs they had wrote and really enjoyed learning more about his daughters friends. Soon however it had became an addiction. The first thing my dad has always done when he gets on the laptop is check the weather and then his e-mail, it was one of those days that I realised, he was being sucked into the world of blogger...



It was cold when I woke up still misty in the early hour of the morning. I stepped into my slippers, a usuall way of starting my day, and walked into the kitchen. I already smelt the sweet scent of coffee, that stated dad was up. I heard a faint clicking as I walked toward the dining room. Darn, he's already on the laptop... was my thoughts at the noise. As I stepped into the dining room and turned he was crouched over the laptop click I heard more loudly now and then the a soft rubbing noise as his finger scrolled across the built in pad meant to be a mouse. I went behind him and saw the background of Esther's Blog. "What is the weather going to be like this week?" I asked my dad and waited impatiently for his long pause to end "huh?" He finally said once more, "the weather?" I said once more. "Oh yeah, I haven't checked yet." My face must have been ridiculous with the look of astonishment, "you haven't?" I asked once more. "No I haven't." "Ok.... Any new blogs?" I asked eyebrow raised. "Yeah, Jessie wrote one, now I'm reading Esther's." Then I knew it was an addiction but soon after it became an obsession, he created himself a blog, and then came facebook....

4 comments:

  1. Mom and Dad both have a Facebook now....

    Mom requested me as a friend...

    I haven't got back to her..


    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Facebook? Are you friends with him on facebook Sharri?

    ReplyDelete