Monday, September 7, 2009

Realisation.

Recently... quite recently... in fact yesterday, a friend was getting on my nerves. I know he wasn't trying to but he was in a major way. He kept picking on me and duh that's a guy for you and supposedly it's his way of "showing love"(w/e) but I didn't feel like getting that attention from him. I would have been perfectly fine if no one had spoke to me all day long because that was what mood I was in. Yeah, dull I know but it's me. Anyways, I just wanted him to go away and leave me to my thoughts but instead he kept picking on me. We have had a conversation about it before that I'm not always in the mood for him to give me that kind of attention but I guess he had forgotten. I didn't want him to pick on me if anything I wanted it was maybe a hug. But no... He insisted on getting on my last nerve untill all I wanted was to smack him but I didn't, and I didn't say anything cause I don't like saying things like "dude your getting on my last nerve back off before I bite you" especially when that person is your friend so yeah he wasn't trying to be a jerk just succeeding.

Thinking about all of this made me realise what my pastor had been preaching about, he had been saying that God doesn't always want us to get excited and shout running around like chickens with their head cut off, sometimes he just wants us to tell him how much we love him and how willing we are to do what he wants us to. We sit here asking him for everything and giving him nothing in return. It's true that nothing amounts to what he's done for us but I bet that us trying puts a smile on his face every time he sees us do it. We think it is unnessecary for us to tell him we love him and that if he asked us to travel one thousand miles away that we would do it without hesitation cause if he is God then surely he already knows that... right? Yes that may be so but I seem to think that he most certainly wants to hear it from you every now and then. I know I do.... I have many people I am close to and I know that they love me through there actions but every now and then I just want to hear them say it... It's just not the same having someone love you as having someone tell you they love you, I bet God feels the same. So just thought I would share ^_^

2 comments: