Saturday, August 22, 2009

What I want to do....

Friday night at Bible study John-Mark asked me and/or my sister to lead them into song before the actuall Bible study. I didn't exactly jump at the chance or idea to sing, my throat had been hurting all morning, but as I began to sing I soon forgot my throat and only heard my voice. I don't know if anyone other then me or John-Mark felt it but I could have sworn I felt God's presence inside me as I was singing. The feeling that I was singing to God about how awesome and holy he is, the way he seemed so please that I was lifting him up was just an overwhelming experience. I suppose I never thought of it much but I have been thinking since then and I would love to feel like that any time I get the chance. I have always had the desire to do something for God and now I know what that something is.

To every hill that you walk up however, is the side that will take you back down. I have a pretty descent voice(I think) and with a voice like mine comes compliments... I, like anyone else, like receiving compliments however, I don't want to do this for the wrong reason. I don't want to sing to be seen in church. I want to pour my heart and desires into these songs and lay them at God's feet to do with as he will. This is truly what I want, to lead God's people into his presence through song.

No comments:

Post a Comment