Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Formal


May 21st of 2011 we will once again be having a spring formal at MDT. Alot of people are rather excited about it. I'm not necessarily psyched but I am definitely going. Unfortunately a lot of the kids seem to feel that it's necessary to have a date for the formal. I don't know why they make such a big deal out of it. This will be the third year in a row that we've done this but for some odd reason this year everyone seems to think that it would be very important to have someone to bring with them. I do think that its adorable that all the little boys are wanting a girl to go with I just think it's horrible that there is only one girl around their age. I feel very sorry for that one girl. My friend Samie has already had three different(very young) little boys ask her to go to the formal with her and I've already disappointed two myself. "Why can't you just go by yourself?" I asked him. "Because everyone else has someone to go with." He replied. "Don't you get tired of being like everyone else? I don't have to have someone to go with." I stated quite simply. "So you're not going with anyone?" he asked. "No, not that I know of anyways, and if I decide to go with anyone it won't be because everyone else has a date." I said. I don't know why everyone feels the need to have someone to go with but I wish I could tell everyone that going by yourself is perfectly acceptable and it's stupid to feel weird because you don't have someone to go with. I had fun at both of the formals before this one without having a date and I intend to enjoy this one also date or dateless. :) Enjoy the formal everyone. :D

2 comments:

  1. Lol.

    Is the boy to girl ratio uneven? It feels pretty even.

    I agree it's a waste to go with someone unless you WANT to go with them.

    Perhaps "everyone else has someone to go with" is just an excuse but they really want to get to know you better.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, I might have turned down two boys but I do have a date. I'm not going with him just to do it I'm going with him because I want to :)

    ReplyDelete