Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Surprise!" "What?"

My friends are so awesome that I sometimes find myself wondering if I deserve them... Tuesday night after church my best friend Rachael came to sit next to me "Hey, we are having some friends over after church to drink some hot chocolate if you want to come." she said "Oh well I might be able to come over, I think mom said something about having work to do." "I'll help ask if you think it will help convince her." she said enthusiastically(you would have thought that we were twelve.) we than decided to locate my mother "Please!!!" we begged after asking if I could come over. "No, not tonight," my mom started "I'm so tired, I just need to go to sleep." "Oh okay." was my reply. "Well sorry Rachael." "It's okay." Her and some of my friends left shortly afterwards. We were the last to leave. "Do you think people are still at the Roddericks?" Mom asked. "No I doubt it." Dad replied. "Well, they left only a little before we did." I cut in. "Nah, lets go home." Dad said. "Well, we'll stop by and see but we can only stay for a little while." said mom. When we pulled up Rachael was sitting on the porch by herself. "Why is she outside by herself when her friends are here?" I asked out loud. "I wonder if she's okay, I'll go see." I decided. I got out of the car and proceeded to question Rachael. "You got to come!" She exclaimed and gave me a hug grabbed my hand and rushed me to the door. "Yeah they decided we could on the way-" I was cut off as the door opened "Surprise!!!!" they all shouted. Needless to say I was quite stunned I almost screamed myself. Surprised I was, it was very unexpected. "You should have seen the look on your face, you just about jumped out of your skin." Seth said later on in the night. "Well, it was pretty surprising." I said half zoned out from the night.

I have never had friends that would care enough for me to do something like that. I was amazed. The most shocking part of the night was when I found out who thought to throw me a party, it was definitely the last person I expected, I thanked him and his sister for planning it. It was a good night all in all. My first feeling was happiness but the after thought was fear.. I've always been cautious of who I allow myself to get close to, the only thing certain and constant I have come to find is that people come and people go and too many people have gone... I guess I'm scared that I might lose these people, and they actually do care for me as much as I care for them, to lose them is the last thing I want in life, but one day it is inevitable either I will lose them, or they will lose me...

1 comment:

  1. Losing people is life.

    But wouldn't it have been more sad to have not had us for the time that you
    did?

    Plus friends are not always gone forever. I have a lot of friends that I grew up with and we will have lunch once in a while or call.

    Friendship takes more effort if you move in different circles, or live in different
    states, or are in different stages of life.

    Some people are willing to make that effort and some people aren't.

    Question is would you make an effort?

    ReplyDelete