Saturday, November 28, 2009

To wear or not to wear...?

This subject has been eating at me recently.

My dear friend whom I love so much posted a blog recently about pants and skirts. Alot of people replied with their own opinions on the subject. Someone said something along the lines of, "This just means that the closer you get to God the more convictions you have...", don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing. I don't say this just because I wear pants but, just because you wear a skirt doesn't mean that you are closer to God then the people who wear pants. I'm not against skirts, I mean, I wear them too, but just because I wear pants also doesn't make me a lesser being then women that choose to wear skirts constantly. If pants is your conviction then so be it, it's not mine and that's that. Hope no one hates me for it but I am perfectly okay with myself wearing pants, I don't think it's wrong of me, I said all of this to say that everyone has their own convictions, wearing pants just isn't one of mine...

Much love,
Sharri

3 comments:

  1. I love you. I do disagree "that the closer you get to God, the more convictions you have." Somewhat. Bro.Anthony wears only long sleeves, but in my eyes, Dad's just as close to God as Bro.A., and they both love Him just as much. And Dad doesn't wear long sleeves. Hope I'm making sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I actually called that guy and asked him if he was trying to cause trouble (Hi C., Hope I didn't sound too mean asking that.)I was just "Surely you don't believe that. Why did you post it."

    And I guess he does believe that.

    I think how close you are to God is a heart thing.

    God does deal with people's hearts to change things about them. But is bigger than just dress. You can be completely covered physically, but still be wrong in spirit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which is one of the things I'm trying to say, forgive me if I didn't make it clear lol. Yeah lol. I wasn't exactly 'offended' by it I was just like, hey, that's not right par say. Lol.

    ReplyDelete